2.23.2014

Nail Art | Aztec Nails


The Olympics are over (so sad!) so off are the patriotic nail art and in are some new Aztec inspired nails. I recently came across a sale at Shoppers and thought it would be fun to test out some of the new polishes I picked up in this tutorial. Maybe I'll put up a haul post to show you guys all the new colours I got! 

I really love the design of these Aztec Nails because the design isn't super loud and colours can get interchanged depending on your mood. With the recent warm weather here in Toronto, it has me dreaming about spring and I thought it would be a good time to start transitioning into pastel colours. The blue I'm using, Breezy Blue by Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear, is a lovely shade but I find that even with three coats, it still is a bit streaky (just thought I'd point that out) but other than that, most other Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes work great! 

What you'll need:

  • Black Nail Polish
  • Gold Nail Polish
  • Nail Art Brush
  • Base Coat 
  • Top Coat
  • Light Blue Nail Polish


Colours used: Revlon Top Speed in Black Magic, Revlon Nail Art Matte in 520 Tortoise Shell, and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 481 Breezy Blue


Steps:

1. Paint you base coat and base colour and let dry.

2. Take the gold nail polish and paint triangles at the base of each nail.

3. Take your nail art brush and draw a chevron in the gold triangles you created.

4. Continuing with your nail brush, paint in tiny triangles around the golden triangle. I find its easiest to map out the shape by painting horizontal and vertical lines, working from the middle outwards.

5. Seal it all in with a top coat! :)

1 comment:

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I read through each and everyone of them, lots of love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...